Questions to Ask Yourself
If you are concerned that your child's condition may have been caused by a physician's negligence please take a moment to ask yourself the following questions.
- Was my baby delivered with forceps, a vacuum or by a C-section?
- Did the medical staff/doctor fail to order tests and/or fail to correctly interpret any tests during my pregnancy and/or labor?
- Did my child suffer injuries before, during, or after birth?
- Did the medical staff/doctor fail to diagnose any changes in my child's heart rate, oxygen flow and other important factors during pregnancy or delivery?
- Did my baby need resuscitation after birth?
- Did the medical staff/doctor fail to perform an emergency C-section?
- Did the medical staff/doctor fail to deliver my baby in a safe and timely manner?
- Did my baby suffer seizures shortly after birth?
- Was I in labor too long?
- Was oxygen required to aid my child in breathing?
- Did I develop an infection such as, German Measles, Rubella, Toxoplasmosis or a urinary tract infection (UTI), while pregnant?
- Did my doctor withhold/delay medication for an infection?
- Was I tested for Rh incompatibility?
- Did my child need special testing after birth such as an MRI or brain scan?
- Did my baby get stuck in the birth canal for an excessive amount of time?
- Did experience a rupture of my placenta or did it become inflamed?
- Did I have preeclampsia/hypertension (high blood pressure) that was not dealt with in a timely fashion?
- Was my baby delivered more than 24 hours after my water broke?
- Did I have a fever that was 100.2 F or higher?
- Did my child have low Apgar scores following birth?
- Did the doctor fail to stop my early delivery? Did he/she try to stop an early delivery?
- Did my baby have jaundice?
- Did my child suffer other signs of distress?
If you have answered "yes" to ANY of these questions there is a high likelihood that a medical mistake led to your child's cerebral palsy.
If you believe your child may be suffering due to a physician's negligence and would like the attorneys and physicians at The Law Offices of Robert A. D'Iorio & Associates PLLC to evaluate your case free of charge, please call us today at 888.465.4658 or contact us online.
We handle cases nationwide with the assistance of co-counsel where permitted.